All Visitors will need to comply with the Victorian travel permit system – any visitors who have returned from red and orange zones will need a negative COVID result and have completed isolation requirements as per DHHS travel system.
Any Visitors that have attended known exposure sites will need to have completed DHHS directives regarding testing and/or isolation
Visitor restrictions as of Monday 29 March, 2021:
ICU & General Wards
- Two visitors per patient at any one time between 3.00 – 8.00 pm
- Maximum visiting time: 2 hours
Day Surgery & Day Oncology
- One visitor/carer for discharge purposes
- Parents at any time (one parent overnight)
- Two visitors per patient at any one time, between 3.00 – 8.00 pm for 2 hours
- One visitor/support person can accompany to appointments
Exemption to the above restrictions include:
- End of life support, life threatening medical conditions
- Disability carer support
- Patients who require assistance with communication, mobility or behaviour support
Additionally, to comply with the Victorian DHHS COVID-19 Guidelines; visitors to the hospital must undergo a temperature check, answer screening questions and provide their contact details to be permitted entry ⠀
Visitors will not be allowed to enter SVPHM hospitals if they:
- Have attended any Victorian exposure site until completion of DHHS quarantine and testing requirements. Please see here for a current list of exposure sites.
- Have returned from NSW until completion of the 14 day isolation period and have received a negative COVID19 test result.
- Close contacts of people in affected areas are also asked not to visit.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting test results, and have not met the criteria for discharge from isolation
- Have arrived in Australia from overseas within the past 14 days
- Have had known contact with someone who has COVID-19
- Have a temperature above 37.5 degrees
- Have symptoms of acute respiratory infection (e.g. cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of smell or loss of taste)