At St Vincent’s Private Hospital Werribee, we believe that working with patients and their families is the key to providing exceptional healthcare. This philosophy is called person-centred care. It means that we involve you in planning and delivering your care, so we can meet your individual needs and preferences.
In providing person-centred care we:
- Recognise that each patient and family is different.
- Help you and your family develop healthcare skills and knowledge.
- Support you and your family to make decisions about your care.
- Respect your choices, values, beliefs and culture.
We hope you will:
- Ask any questions about your care and treatment.
- Tell us about any concerns you have.
- Get involved in your care, as much as you'd like.
- Tell us if you have any special requests for your care and treatment.
- Tell us who you want to visit you and when.
- Take part in nursing handover and medical rounds.
- Tell us what we're doing well and what we could be doing better.