We keep you safe during your hospital stay by keeping a close eye on the following:
- Medication safety
- Falls prevention
- Blood clots, reducing the risk and transfusions
- Eating well in hospital
- Hand hygiene and preventing infections
- Patient identification
- Preventing pressure injuries
Helping us to keep you safe
To help keep safe in hospital you and your family should:
- Speak up – if you have questions or concerns or if you've noticed an unexpected change in your condition
- Get involved – join the discussions and decision making about your care
- Be aware – understand the plans for your care, any test results and other important information. If you don't understand something, ask a staff member to explain it to you.
If you have any concerns about the quality or safety of your care, speak with the nurse or doctor looking after you. You can also talk with the nursing unit manager, the department head or the patient liaison officer.
Alternatively you can email your feedback to us at email@example.com