The St Vincent's Rehabilitation Unit focus is on helping you regain your independence. We have been providing a comprehensive range of individual inpatient programs since July 2018.
What We Offer
Purpose built rehabilitation facility for tailored & specific care
14 single rooms each with private ensuite
Functional Therapy kitchen
Practical group education spaces
Access to off-site hydrotherapy
Our programs are designed for a 7-10 day rehabilitation stay and can include:
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Programs
- Reconditioning Rehabilitation Programs
Your rehabilitation starts after your assessment with a rehabilitation assessor. With information about your condition our rehabilitation team will work with you to develop your individual program and plan for returning home.
Goals of Rehabilitation at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Werribee generally include:
- Increased movement, strength and endurance
- Safe return home
- Independence in self care
- Independence with mobility (with or without walking aids/wheelchair)
- Return to a full life including domestic, community, work, leisure and family activities
- Increased knowledge to assist in the transition to returning home after being in hospital
Your rehabilitation team will comprise of you, your family/friends, and our health care professionals, including:
- Specialist rehabilitation physicians
- 24 hour medical cover
- Occupational therapists
- Allied health assistants
- Social workers (on request)
Referrals to participate in our inpatient rehabilitation program can be arranged by your treating team while you are in hospital. Our rehabilitation assessor will then visit you after your operation/acute phase, to assess your suitability for rehabilitation, and decide which program is best for you.
Most private health insurers provide cover for our accredited rehabilitation program. We will check your eligibility prior to your admission to our rehabilitation program.
What to bring
- You will be expected to wear your usual day clothes, clothing that will allow easy movement, eg. tracksuit pants, shorts and loose tops are most suitable.
- Flat supportive shoes are required (no thongs or scuffs), slip-on shoes are NOT recommended
- Night clothes, dressing gown and slippers
- Toiletries, brush, comb
- Reading material
- Spectacles and case
- All current medication (no dosettes)
- X-rays requested by your doctor
- Health cards and private health fund details
- Medicare card
- Pension card
- Mobility aides such as walking aids or splints.
- Long handle aids used at home such as reachers and/or shoe horns.
Therapy sessions are a priority, patients will be provided with a timetable of sessions and we ask that visitors do not attend when therapy times are booked.
For contact and referral:
Phone: (03) 9218 8288
There is a car park behind the hospital which is open 24 hours, hourly rates apply.